Come and join us at Preschool !
We are learning about God and each other!
Trinity Lutheran Christian Preschool began 1982. We provide children with quality, Christian-centered preschool education in a caring Christian environment.
TLC Preschool teaches social and educational skills preparing preschool-aged children to be successful in Kindergarten.
TLC Preschool follows the South Dakota's Early Learning Guidelines.
- music and singing
- arts & crafts
- social activities
Learning is achieved through individual and group exploration
- gross and fine motor development
- color, letter, and number recognition
- ABC's, spelling and identifying first and last names and address
- cutting and pasting, coloring and painting
- identifying and recognizing shapes
- naming and identifying body parts; spatial relationships (inside, outside, up, down, next to, over, under)
- social skills (saying please and thank you, taking turns, asking questions, listening to others)
- physical activity (running, jumping, balancing, playing together, creative play) in the classroom and outside on the playground
- exploring, discovering, and creating
- developing independence, self-motivation, honesty, physical, social-emotional, and language skills.
- children are safe
- there is a low student-teacher ratio classroom setting
- positive relationships with fellow classmates, teachers and the community are developed.
- children learn individually and in group settings
- children learn by seeing, hearing, listening, and through repetition
- children grow, learn, and develop skills to prepare them for success in Kindergarten and life
Parents and guardians, you are essential people in the development of your child's spiritual and educational success and growth in all areas of life.
Reading with and to your child will make an impact on your child's overall educational development. The other area that will make an impact is TIME.
- Read with and to your child
- Play with your child
- Listen to your child
- Learn with your child
- Relax with your child
- Love & Logic http://www.loveandlogic.com/ Positive Parenting Solutions & Educational Resources - an excellent resource for parents.
- Conscious Discpline http://consciousdiscipline.com/ Safety. Connection. Problem-Solving. 1.800.842.2846
From Mrs Pickett
I enjoy learning and growing with the children. I see them reach those "A-Ha" moments when they understand and feel confident in their abilities. It is priceless! Children are a blessing, and I celebrate with them each and every day.
ENROLLMENT & ADMISSION (Registration)
Fall and Spring of each year. If there are openings, Children may be registered during the school year.
Children must be:
- 3 years old by September 1st
- toilet trained
- under the age of 6 years old
Enrollment & Orientation
- Parent-Child Orientation (see the classroom, meet the teacher, find out about the program)
- Visitation: review the Parent Handbook, Calendar, and Supply list and other written materials.
- All information remains Confidential.
- Orientation lasts about 1 hour.
- Application for Preschool
- Copy of current Immunization record
- Copy of current Health Examination
- Emergency contact form
- Registration form
- Pick-up release form
- Security Deposit Form
- Tuition Statement
Hours of Operation
- 8:30 AM to 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday
- 9 months of the year - September through May
- Closed on legal holidays
- The TLC Preschool follows the Vermillion Public School District calendar for holidays, vacations, and teacher-inservice days; unless otherwise noted in the handbook.
School Closings When the Vermillion Public School is canceled due to weather, the TLC Preschool is canceled.
School Closings are announced:
Radio stations: KVTK 1570AM, WNAX 570AM, and KVHT 106.3FM
Television stations: KELO, KSFY, KDLT, and KTTW in Sioux Falls.
(Television Stations also have web sites for the latest information cancellations).
The decision to send child/ren to school during questionable weather conditions remains with the parent. If you decide that weather conditions are not acceptable to send your child to school, contact Mrs. Pickett at 605-624-3839.
Trinity Lutheran Christian Preschool is open to all children regardless of religion, race, color, or national or ethnic origin. For more information, contact us at (605) 624-3839 or firstname.lastname@example.org